Friday 28 June 2013

Quick Dinner Tonight.

Tonight's dinner is just a simple meal of wet butter prawn since I missed eating them especially from Homst Restaurant in TTDI.

And I got some celery, mushrooms & tomatoes, therefore decided to make a simple soup but with a kick.

That's me for today. Enjoy the rest of the night. Maybe we will go out and grab some coffees later since Habibi is off tomorrow.


The Ingredients for Wet Butter Prawns:
(I do not use measurements. All measurements below are estimation. I just use my instinct and feel to add or reduce.)

  • Prawns (season with salt & pepper) 
      • Note: Head still intact & to be deep fried till golden and crispy.


For the gravy :
  1. 2 cloves of Garlic
  2. 2 Birds eye chili, chopped.
  3. 1/2 cup Milk (or evaporated milk for thicker gravy)
  4. Cheddar Cheese (I just use the sliced packets from President)
  5. Curry leaves (which I don't have)
  6. Butter (A spoonful , I think. Or as many as you want it to be.)
Method:
  1. Fry prawns till golden & crispy with oil. 
  2. Use some (like a tablespoon) of the oil from frying the prawns, and pour the butter.
  3. Once hot & you smell the buttery aroma, saute the garlic till fragrant.
  4. Add in birds eye chilli & curry leaves (if you have any)
  5. And then add in the milk & cheese.
  6. Put back the fried prawns in the pan and stir till combined. 


Voila! Wet Butter (cheeeeesy) Prawn. :)

No comments: