Tuesday 4 June 2013

Reminiscing Two Thousand & Twelve.

It's 2013, and yet another new year and another new adventure for my partner & I. I've got to say, that last year 2012, when we were in Bahrain, I didn't take the effort to update my blog. I think maybe because, never had I had such a busy life. LOL! I mean, when we were in Hong Kong, we stayed pretty far and there wasn't a lot of Malay there. Don't get me wrong, but we made good friends there and still keep in touch till today.
 
In Bahrain, we had things going on. One, a cat to take care off. Pretty much spoiled and needy. We got him from Bahrain SPCA [do your deeds guys, and save an animal in a shelter] and I was, for 5 months, training him to toilet train [yes, it was a success!]. But now he is in Malaysia with my parents and my mom spoiled him differently and nope, no longer toilet trained. Hehehehehehe!
 
 
Then, I was involved and in charged of 16 kids to teach dancing. The Malaysian ambassador H.E. Ambassador Dato’ Ahmad Shahizan Abd Samad created this group of young, non-professional, enthusiastic kids [heart every one of them] to be the young ambassadors and represent Malaysia. They perform traditional dance routine taught by various teachers before me, and also including me, when there is an event by Malaysian Embassy or if somebody requested for them kids. Ive got to say, this was my best moments in my life living abroad.
 
 
 
In Bahrain, I not only teach kids (and also their mothers) dancing, I taught myself how to make my grandmother's home made kg. seri kaya [coconut jam]. It wasn't exactly like my grandmothers, but it sure as hell taste like one! And I am very proud of it. And so was my husband, dad & of course my grandmother herself. I made some cash making this seri kaya and it made me feel so good for I was able to give a helping hand to my partner. Now that is helping each other.
 
The place we stayed had everything we wanted. We were blessed by a spacious 2 bedroom apartment, with a huge refrigerator, an a OVEN! Oh, gosh! The oven. It was my top of the cherry. I made loads of baking and cooking and loving with that oven. Please scroll down or click on the labels under desserts, homemade, or anything yummy. :)
 

And last, but not least, God had given us the opportunity to do perform our Umrah. Alhamdulillah. We can't thank him enough for this. It took a lot of obstacle for us to visit the Holy Kaaba, but we took it well and we didn't stop on anything to take it. Our visit there was so beautiful it took our breath away and we missed it till today. Oh, how we wish we could go back there again and again and again. We will. Because we know, He will give it to us again.


شكرا لكم، والله

No comments: