Thursday 26 May 2011

Mascarpone..


I made Tiramisu today. heh heh heh. Will post photos and update this post. At the mean time, I'm a happy kid. Loving the smooth, fluffy and creamy look of the cheese, with soggy, soggy, soggy coffee dipped ladyfinger biscuits. Ohhh, cant wait to get my hands on them babies, once its all cool up in the fridge.


In the mean time, taking a rest as today's agenda was, woke up early, early, early and had a bit of mood swing, when to the club house with Suami and did our gym workout. He did 90 sits ups, while I managed to do 40. Blah!

After working out, we both went to the market and bought some fishes, squids and prawn. Suami wanted to go to Sai Kung for lunch, but I wasn't up for it. So, I decided to do some Sai Kung style cooking. Heh heh heh. Deep fried fish (I think the fish we bought was Snapper) with dark soya sauce, buttered deep fried prawn with egg floss, though the eggs wasn't flossy enough. And my kangkung goreng belacan (Fried spinach cooked with fermented prawn paste.) Suami had 3 helpings and of course I packed for him for his dinner.


Ok, not feeling well now. I think I'm having a little bit of headache. Maybe due to stress level at home. I think, now I know how my mom feels every time she sees the clothes not folded, clothes not washed, house not clean, bed not made, and yada, yada, so on, so on.

Update soon. With the Tiramisu recipe too. Ooo, I can't wait! :)

As promised Tiramisu recipe :
  • 250 g of Mascarpone Cheese (Get the expensive ones. It's about quality baybeh, not quantity).
  • 100 g granulated sugar.
  • 3 eggs (separate the egg whites and yolks).
  • 400 g whipped cream.
  • A dash of Vanilla extract.
  • A packet of ladyfinger biscuits (Can usually find them at an international food store or Italian).
  • Espresso powder or I use instant coffee mix.
  • Double boiler.
What you need to do:
  1. Whipped cream to its peak and store in the fridge.
  2. Add hot water to coffee and let it cool to room temperature.
  3. Separate eggs white and yolks.
  4. Beat egg yolks with some of the sugar till fluffy.
  5. Slowly & patiently stir egg yolks & sugar in the double boiler till eggs look custard like (basically looks cooked).
  6. Once eggs is custard like, let it rest.
  7. In a bowl, put Mascarpone cheese & vanilla. Whisk or mixed or what ever you want to do so that it blends well.
  8. Add in custard like eggs. Let it aside.
  9. In another bowl, whisk egg whites till it's fluffy like whipped cream and slowly add in the left sugar (after the egg whites looks fluffy and whipped cream like)
  10. Fold egg whites in the cheese mixture.
  11. Take out chilled beat whipped cream and fold whipped cream in the cheese mixture.
Cream is done.
Now to make it look like a Tiramisu, what you need to do is :
  1. Dipped in ladyfinger biscuits into coffee and lay it on your desired pan, Tupperware, glass or anything that holds.
  2. Once filled, pour cream on it and level the cream.
  3. Add in ladyfinger biscuits with coffee.
  4. Filled the left over cream on top.
  5. Basically, dipped ladyfinger, then cream, then ladyfinger, then cream.
I didn't have any cocoa powder to give it a Midas touch to it. But heck, it still taste the same. Instead, I have got some cherries in my fridge and made my own sauce.
  1. Diced cherries or just cut into 2 (make sure seeds taken out)
  2. A spoonful of sugar
  3. Lemon juice (I didn't have any, so I used apple juice)
  4. Tupperware container
What you need to do:
  1. Put in cherries, a dash of apple/lemon juice and 2 spoonful of less sugar (depending on how much sweetness you want) in the container and close the lid.
  2. Shake well and leave it alone in the fridge to let them sweat its own juice. heh heh heh..
Enjoy!

No comments: