Thursday 26 September 2013

Rubberband + Neck?

I was in need of a DIY therapy. Saw a DIY rubber necklace from Rag to Couture's website. And I decided to get my hands on it. It looked very simple and easy to do, so that's why I took the challenge. Hehehehehe! Plus I needed a necklace to wear for that day. Got kinda bored with my old necklaces. Plus I couldn't bring all my jewelry from Malaysia to Shanghai. Because if I do, it'll be a luggage of it's own. Couldn't afford to beg my husband to pay for the extra luggage. I didn't have the heart too. He has done enough for me.

I don't know if I have given enough photo tutorial for you guys to see or have an idea of how to do it, but please check out Rags to Couture page for more detail. I used red & green for my tutorial, but I actually made mine in mustard color. Hehehehehehehe! Hope you guys understand my instructions.

I didn't follow 100% step by step from Rags to Couture tutorial. I changed a bit for the hooking part of the necklace. She uses a jump ring to close the 2 ends, but I used a paperclip to attach both ends. And I also used a lot of single loop, where I knot it (Green Rubber) more than the double loop (Red Rubber) which I only wanted enough to show it at my chest area. Reason being was, I didn't want to have more (Red Rubber) double loop near my neck's skin area cause afraid that it will give me rashes. So hoping that the single knot would do me justice. And so far, it did. :)

To start off, take 2 (Red) rubber band & pinched it. Use a single (Green) rubber band &
knot it around the double (Red) band. Pull (Green) band tight.
Pinch the (Red) band loop & insert 2 new (Red) band. Repeat for 21 times with the
(Red) band. Or till how long or short you want it to be. 
Use a paper clip to attach both ends. If you have a jump ring, it would be great too. Done!
I made one earlier in Mustard & Blue. And notice the single knot (Blue rubber band) used
for a longer necklace. And away from irritating my neck. :P

Good luck guys! And big THANK YOU to Madeleine (owner of Rags to Couture's blog) for inspiring me & my boring life. Now I have a new quirky necklace to fashion up my neck & chest! Jyeah! Hehehehehehehehehe!

No comments: