Thursday 26 September 2013

Durian Gravy ala Shortcut.


Eat your durian gravy with bread or even sticky rice. Delish! Enjoy!
This is a dessert. I made this dessert with just 2 cloves of Durian & the rest is magic. Here in Shanghai, Durian is freaking expensive! But that day, I was craving for it so much that my husband bought some for me. Some as in 2-3 cloves only for freaking CNY63! Hahahahahaha! I was so happy, that my taste bud was like, giving me all this delicious, excellent, and to die for thoughts. The smell was calling me & I took a bite. And that one bite made me disappointed. It was almost rotten. Not THAT rotten, but it wasn't a the Durian taste that I wanted. HAHAHAHAHAH! I'm such a DIVA! Below are the ingredients. Don't ask me about measurements, cause I measure by eye. I see & then I taste. Oh, btw, this is a shortcut method to make Durian gravy. The fastest way & easiest I have ever done. 2-3 cloves of durian only! 


Ingredients ala Shortcut :
1. A can of Coconut Milk/Cream
2. Sugar & Salt for taste
3. Pandan leaf (I used 2-3 for smell & flavour)
4. 2-3 ulas (cloves) Durian (Cause thats all I have left)
5. Dodol (sweet toffee-like confection)







(*photos above are all taken via Google Image Search. Would like to thank them for providing the images. Forgive me if I took your photos without permission.)

Directions:
1. Pour in coconut milk in a pot. Put in knotted Pandan leaves. Wait till slightly boiled. Then add in Dodol.
2. Keep stirring & till combined cause the Dodol will take a longer time to melt.
3. Then add in Durian (together with pit & all)
4. Add in the sugar for taste. Dash some salt too.
5. Done!

Who would know if  it's made from Dodol & not 100% durian.
Taste just the same! :)

PS: The whole wheat loaf was made by my baker husband, by the way. Healthy versus Nasty. kih kih kih!

No comments: