Thursday 19 May 2011

Beautiful Lunch Date


Salam.

I'm so blessed by today's lunch. Suami made some arrangement with his ex-colleagues to bring me and have our, once-in-a-while "fancy" lunch or dinner in some "fancy" restaurant, looking all "fancy" and fine. Hehehehe. Love being "fancy". Anyways, just an insight of what we had for lunch today.

Suami's brought me to 8 1/2 Otto E Mezzo Restaurant at Alexandra House, Central. It was another beautiful place to have a lovely "fancy" meal. The last fancy meal we had was at Cepage, and it was a French Cuisine, but this time, it's Italian, baybeh! Magnifico & deliziosa! , & prelibato!

The ambiance was rich, masculine and of course, classy. When we entered the restaurant which first thing you will encounter is the bar/lounge, I did feel a bit intimidated, as it looks pretty dark & dimmed lights. Everyone was rich and famous like. All in coats, formal, snob-like, and so on. Heh. And here are two Muslims, Malay, middle class, couple came in.

Felt a bit out of place, as I rather head down and eat in our favorite Halal cafe. Plus we had to wait as reservation was suppose to be at 1:30pm, but then, when we came, it was still not available. So we had to wait till 2:00pm. From there on, I was giving all this moody, bad and judgmental comments that it wasn't a great idea. But mind you, it's o myself. Not to my Suami. He planned all this, so I could've not say it out loud. Damn you, PMS!

Anyhow, I try to over look at it, and read some papers while waiting, amused by the news written, where there was a guy who got stopped at the railway station for bringing his dead baby in a box (which must've been a coffin), where his intention was, he wanted to bring the dead body back to his homeland to bury. The police must've jumped into conclusion. Sigh. Even read the Zodiac sign section and it says about Leo, that I'm heating up, so go ahead, take the plunge. Bla bla bla... Well, my own Leo says, I'm just plain lazy to do so and want to enjoy the moment of laziness. Hah!

Then, came a voice. "Hello, How are you today. Sorry to keep you both vaiting. I've goz good newz vor you two. Your tablez are set and vaiting..." and brought us to our table. And that, totally changed my mind when we entered a short hall where suddenly, just SUDDENLY, the room was lighted up, bright as ever, where the windows were big and wide. i LOVE big frame less window. No obstruction.


The whole room from where we were waiting, was a total transformation. It lifted my mood back again. Interior concept was a flow from the bar area we were waiting at. Same atmosphere which was, masculine, rich and classy. But more visible to the naked eyes. I guess, they wanted to have that effect to customers. And of course, having the bar area outside, near the entrance is an easy target attraction to customers or passer by. Like a pulling curiosity method. Bar means alcohol. And maybe I didn't take a glimpse when we arrive at the restaurant. I'm sure the bright lights from the sun was squeezing through the short hallway where the bar/entrance space is at, cause the lights that were in the room, was bright enough to let me see ever detail in it. Just amazing. I can write so many things about when I see an interior. I want to get into details, but that will definitely bore you. So I let the photos say the thousand words that's playing in my mind.

I think we were the last customer to come in for lunch as everyone who came was heading back to the office. So we had the most full service attention. Heee.. Suami's friend came out once in a while to check us out and he made some special arrangement too for our meal. Though we have already order our starter, appetizers & main course, thanks to our waiter (not sure if I should call him a waiter or a host?) where I mentioned that we were Muslim, so no wine, alcohol, meat or of course no pork. And he explained to us which one is suitable for us. And, may I say, that, most of their meal do not use alcohol. Usually it will be written. Had a few options in it that we can choose from. So we had these for starter and appetizer...
And special request from Suami's friend, the Pastry Chef Ali, along came these. Though pasta was slightly not cooked. But tuna was chunky and meaty and sauce was yummy...


Then our main course came. And look at them squisito presentation!


And to top up the lovely evening, Pastry Chef Ali made us these.


Oh, I'm in love. He gave us 2 different types of desserts and as usual a Petit Four (which we take away) as stomach was full. Meals look small. But eating small amount of food and waiting for the next course at a certain length of time can actually help a person eat less and fill up the tummy.

To total up, the place was beautiful. Food was delicious. Staff was moderate friendly, but not the guy who lead us to our table, and the guy who served us our desserts. But the rest was pretty much sour face. I would recommend you to come eat here. The pastry chef is a Muslim, by the way. So, he will whip up some Halal dessert for you. Maybe you should mention Suami's name to him. Say we recommended you to him. Via blog. :)

There goes our day. Had a lovely evening. We came at 1:30pm and left the restaurant at 4-ish pm. So, that's how long we were there. Go ahead. Be "fancy" once in a while with your other half. It's fun. I sure did. I end up the evening and wracked my Suami's wallet and bought for us some bodywash and bubble bath bombs from LUSH. It was on the way to the MTR! I can't help it!

Like how the Italian say, Grazie molto! Arriverderci! (Thank you very much & Goodbye.)

No comments: