Saturday 20 July 2013

Cauli Gets Mashed, Mashed & Mashed.

I declared what I made (pic below), awesome-ly delicious. And healthy too. I know maybe I was a bit absentmindedly unaware that, there is such a thing called Mashed Cauliflower, but I guess I was being totally ignorant about it till I was desperate enough to make mashed potatoes and didn't have them in hand the other day. And I saw my cauliflower dying any seconds (being exaggerating here). No it was not dying, but it started to have molds on it. 

So because of that, I boiled them and didn't know what to do with it. And came up with a brilliant idea (yeah, right!) I said, "Maybe we can mashed it like mashed potatoes.." & quickly did my online R&D if this "oh-not-so-original" idea works. And yes. Thanks to the Internet world, you can just find any 'full-proof-it-worked' recipes & ideas. 


So, being me, I just used what I had in the fridge to make this yummy delicious "langsung-takde-taste-like-cauliflower" mashed cauliflower. 

Ingredients (my version) :-

  1. Some low fat milk (or you can opt for Greek yogurt or almond milk or sour cream)
  2. 2 tbsp butter
  3. 2 cloves of garlic
  4. 1 head of cauliflower (cuts into florets)
  5. Salt & pepper
  6. Some olive oil
  7. Chives (which I blend some together & left some for garnish)
  8. Cheese (see pic below)

After boiling the cauliflower, just throw all the other ingredients in the blender
& all is in good hands. But some like it not so mushy, so using a hand masher
will do too. *except the cheese. see pic below.
I layed a sliced cheese at the botton of my bowl. Heheheheh! So when you
scoop some mashed cauli, you get some cheese with it. Yumm-eh!
Top up you mashed cauliflower with some snipped chives (which I regrow
it in my apartment)
Voila! Mashed Cauliflower!
This is a good substitute for mashed potatoes. It's way healthier. Even if you used that many butter. Hahahahaha! well, it way better than that starchy 100% potatoes. It is also good with spreading & dipping. My husband kept spreading them on his Ciabatta, and I couldn't stop dipping it with celery & pretzel. 

Have a try. Replace your usual mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower. :)

No comments: