Friday 26 July 2013

Green Gets A New Home.

I learned my lesson. After the death of Mr. C aka the celery incident, I begged my beloved to go out & buy soil. I don't want any of my other leafy greens dead. I can't bare it! (again being overly-dramatic here, lol!) Closest to our home (like, 'hell-o', it's like 40 mins through & fro) is Super Brand Mall which is located in Lujiazui West Road, Pudong.

Reached there with sweat as the summer heat is killing us, but compared to Bahrain, Shanghai heat felt more like being in Malaysia. Humid & hot all the way. Heheheheheh..! So we went & browse through the directory to look for a garden shop or flower shop, and found - 1! Just one. And guess what, they just sell flowers. Where's the DIY store? Or a home store? Anything! A mall is supposed to provide everything under it's roof! Times like this, I miss the malls back in my hometown. Even in Bahrain they have shops for EVERYTHING.

I dont want to grow up! I'm a Toys-R-Us kids! Grow in a tin can DIY. Cool.




















Grr.. Think, think! Before my greens die! What and where to get them soils or anything that's closest to soil to save my plants from dying!! (Gosh, I am so dramatic! LOL!) A-ha! You can never go wrong with Toys-R-Us. I dragged my husband to the toy shop and looked around and found some "you can grow this" or something like that, in a can. It's written in Chinese, but who cares! I need those soil. They even provide seeds in it. So bought myself some Basil, Hot Pepper & Mint seeds.

Removing my plants from just water-based to soil & minerals. 
I was happy. Very happy I purchase them. The next day, I woke up and did my job to give my green babies their new home. But of course I was curious too with the items that I bought. I got chili, basil & mint seeds to grow. Took out the instruction and, hmmm... go figure. In Chinese. *sigh* But who cares! I'll use my command sense and go with the flow.

It wasn't really soil when I opened the can. More like some saw dust, wood chunks and other particles. Which I have NO IDEA what. hehehehehe.. Oh well, as long as it can help my green grows. Just look at them green smiling. Kih kih kih.. 


My lime's sprouting and growing. How cute are they!! 

I snipped off the top of the lemongrass to used for my cooking
that day. So hope it will grow more.

Lemongrass in their new home. 

Chives. Reused so many times. & it still keeps growing. :D

Letting them sunbath the sun. I'm sure they are super-beamed happy!

Hoping with loads of TLC from me, these babies will grow. 

PS: Recycle your bottles and start planting. It's fun! Or recycle your bottles & gave them a new use for rather than just throwing them away. :)

No comments: