Friday 3 June 2011

Crazy Ideas for Kitchens!

Why haven't I thought of this. Reused low cabinets example: TV cabinets, bedside cabinets, etc; and mount them on the walls and used it as a kitchen cabinets instead! It's super functional, cheap and super cool idea. If you think the colour of the cabinets are dull, re-paint them with your own choice. It's pretty much DIY, but when money is concern, who wouldn't want to be creative. I sure would!

I got my inspiration from a link I stumbled upon. She uses IKEA's bathroom mirrored cabinet (or I usually call the Medicine Cabinet) and mounted it on one part of the wall in the kitchen she designed. It's mirrored, so it gives the illusion of space. Smart eh? And you can usually DIY things from IKEA. All because you have to assemble your own things. Unless you pay the person who is in-charged of assembling it. But then again, you pay more. Right? So, why pay more. Make it a "weekend project" with your love ones or friends, or whoever.

I tell ya, once I get my hands on my own cheap, run-down apartment, I will use my (I hope its magical) magic hands, and spur me house like it cost a bomb, baybeh! heh heh heh.

Back to reused & being all creative. You see, IKEA cabinets always have its legs separated. Correct? Therefore, don't use them. Save them and used it on other things. Take those legs off and mount it on the wall. Now, mounting it, is another chapter for me to research. I'm sure there's many ways to stick them on the walls. Make your kitchen more funkier by adding tiles, which you can buy them easily at any tiles shops. You don't need them a lot, but measure the area you want them to be, and calculate the quantities/pieces needed. Not only that, buy those funky mirrors and lay them behind the cabinet wall to give it a little more depth and of course style.

I think its a great idea to make your own DIY kitchen. More like attaching them piece per pieces. Draw them (you not need to sketch it perfectly like a designer, just a rough idea) out on a sheet of paper, look at the product at the store which you think suits the design. Colour it, if needed to and figure out a way to attached them.

Here I've posted some photos of ideas you can cheat/copy to make your kitchen looks like it cost you a bomb! heheheheh.

Idea 1:
Idea 2: To be updated. (Now to tired and sleepy)

No comments: