Friday 3 June 2011

Wanna Cupcake?

I think it was yesterday, that Suami & I stumble upon (again) a small cupcake shop. Well, I saw it online and never thought of looking for it. But when we were walking about aimlessly (as usual) after our disappointment of going to Lomo store to pick up our "spoiled-photos", which was not ready by the way, we were face to face with this cupcake shop called Cake-A-Licious.

Well, our main reason of aimlessly looking around was to have a dessert session due to depression. (Remember, photos not ready.. *point statement above) So we wanted to check out this pastry shop called SIFT. We walked all the way from Shueng Wan where the Lomo store is at, and pass through another cool shop I discovered online, called Pantry Magic (will write a blog about this - definitely), and suddenly we were back to SOHO area. We were just walking along Queen's Rd. And was blinded by all the junk, antiques, collector item's along the way. In short, it ain't that far from Central to Shueng Wan.

So, back in SOHO area, Suami thinks he knows where SIFT was, but sadly, he don't remember. That's when we discovered Cake-A-Licious. It's basically hidden among the shops. Plus it's at the basement. You are to use a staircase to walk in their shop. It reminded me so much of Melbourne. Hehehehehe. But, once you are at that road, I don't think you will miss it. I sure didn't cause it's in Fuchsia, smells of eggs, sugar and flour, and you see people suddenly disappearing heading down.



First thing I saw was the cupcakes on the display counter. Not really much of a choice to pick from plus it wasn't really attractive. Wanted to walked out, but, now, that's the thing about having your shop at the basement area. You're like entering with an agreement to buy something, because walking out - more to UP, means attracting attention. hehehehehe.



I thought to myself, we are here, may else well buy something. Smells good. Don't wanna judge the decoration from it's taste. We bought Red Velvet and Carrot Cake. Typical. But, usually, the typical ones are the ones that helps to compare from another shop. The cream cheese icing on top was just to flat. Didn't have enough swirl on it. And, it was just plain cream cheese and a little icing mixed in it. Not complaining. Just giving you the visual idea. Though I've posted some photos. Heheheheh.

To give you a clear idea, I think the RV wasn't that great. But I did enjoy the Carrot Cupcake though. It's kinda hard to give a good A+ to cupcakes nowdays, as theres soooo may competition everywhere. And plus, I've tasted better. So, to sum up both Suami & my conclusion, Cake-A-Licious bakery is a so-so choice. But don't stop you guys from trying. Cause maybe it tastes good from your liking.

No comments: