Friday 4 March 2011

My cooking needs Mood.

Yes, my cooking usually takes time and mood to, well - cook. If I ain't got the groove to cook, then, there ain't, no way hose, am I cooking. Most of the time, I cooked was when, I wake up in the morning and dreamt to eat something good ie: food you get when you're at the mamak stall or kedai/gerai melayu. But since I cant do roti canai - yet to be another challenge of mine, or do kuey teow basah - YET another CHALLENGE of mine, I cook what I can. Evidence below.

When I open the fridge, I see my ingredients (hello yous). Chicken, eggs, vegetables etc. Chup, before I continue, I want to inform with you readers, that I still don't understand, DON'T understand, why in Hong Kong, there is no Kangkong, Sawi, Cauliflower, Assam Jawa, Daun Pandan, Serai (wait I found Serai @ Wellcome), Cili Kering, and Ikan Bilis is like the size of an ikan! Sangat peliks as aint Hong Kong asian country. I think in Thailand they have more things! Gosh, really, nothing like Malaysia. And one last bit, no CHILI SAUCE! boohoo. sob sob. So those travelling to HK, please bawak your Chili Sauces in packet or in bottles. I kumpul all the packets I get when I was in KL. And Mc D's here, don't have Chili Sauce. Only certain places do. But its not chili chili sauce, but Thai Sauce. I cant tell you a whole loads of what's diff from HK and MY, but it will be a totally different blog to start off. Which I will.

*REMINDER : Blog about Differences between HK & MY.


Above photo is when I did my Chicken Rice. And the ayam was delicious! I have no idea what I marinated with, but Suami said it tasted like barbecue chicken. And though the chicken rice's rice was like urmmm, burned at the bottom ( I admit I ain't 100% good in cooking) but the taste was nyummers. And Suami always ate his 2nd plate. :)

I got more photos to be uploaded. But you can view them in my FB page. I love cooking. And I love making them. Its like art. Yes, you need to have the ingredients, measurements and all, but I like to spice things up and tose some few things which is NOT in the recipe. hehehehe. SO far, if you want me to cook, I will need a head start like an hour-two. And lunch or dinner will be served. Cause when I'm in the kitchen, I don't like seeing the mess, so every time after I chopped or cut something, I will clean the counter top, knifes and board. After I fried something, I will clean the stove, frying pan, the wall where all the oil got splattered and etc. While I'm cooking too, I clean the kitchen floor cause I cant stand seeing the garlic skin or oil or anything on it. Its like, no way! I think I spend the most time cleaning the kitchen and the toilet then our bedroom and living room. hehehehehe.

And I cant stand seeing my Suami cook. I mean, his a good cook and excellent Suami, but when it comes to cooking and cleaning-ness. Na'ah. I will re-clean it back. Call me psycho-path, but that's just the way I was brought up. - Mom. Im the totally photocopy of her. Look what you made me, Ma! I cant stand the un-tidiness, the un-cleanliness, dust or hair or the ring stained after you left your coffee cup on the table. Gosh. I cant stand any of it. I go crazy not cleaning it! Notice how I changed the topic from food, cooking to cleaning. My oh my, I am psycho. No wonder Suami always just stare at me and say, "I'm married to you, too late to change & cant do anything anymore bout this." hehehehe.. Update photos soon!

No comments: