Friday 22 June 2012

Homemade.

Being a housewife, we tend to learn how to cook. It's not that I don't know how to cook, but I never seem to take the opportunity to cook when I was young. Back home, my kitchen was big enough. But it doesn't seem to attract me to cook. I baked. Cookies & cupcakes. But mostly, it wasn't that successful. And plus, the mess. My mother is a cleaned freak. She likes her house cleaned and untouched, you can say. So, she barely cooks in the kitchen. She buys most of the time. Maybe, that's why it didn't interest me in using it.

Anyways, I started to learn to cook by myself. I enjoy watching cooking/baking show a lot. As much as I love watching DIY interior related. I remembered when in high school, I used to cook in my friends house instead off mine. I used whatever ingredients that's there and make up something that is edible. Pasta & cheese, sandwiches, fried rice & etc...

After I got married, my husband brought me to Hong Kong to start our new married life. And Hong Kong was a challenge when it comes to food. It sort of force me to learn to cook. I mean, I am a typical Malaysian who misses Malaysian food very much. But I can live without having to eat them everyday. It's just that, your tongue knows what it wants. Plus, my husband is Malaysian. He is just like my dad. The rice man. Lol! As long as there is rice on the dining table, it will be enough. Hong Kong didn't have some of the things that we Malaysian loooove to use. Or maybe, we couldn't find any.There's no cili boh, kicap pekat, fresh santan or even pandan leaves. But we survived from the land of pigs. Now that's another story to tell . :)

Here in Bahrain, Alhamdulillah, so far it's welcoming. Managed to find and get things that wasn't available in HK, and most importantly, HALAL. I've up my cooking and challenged myself. I wanted my cooking to taste like how it was in a "kedai-tepi-jalan" style. I wanted the taste to be like the Malay-Thai cooking. And not only that, I even challenged myself to do Western style. heheheheheh. So here I am, posting this blog and posting my "agak-bangga-lah-jugak" photos. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as eating them. It ain't perfect, but the taste is enough to make my husband tummy, happy.

 
 

No comments: