Wednesday 13 July 2011

Ramadhan is coming..

Alhamdullillah.. Ramadhan is coming soon. I can't wait. As this will be my first time as a wife celebrating Ramadhan without my parents/family. Plus, I am living in HK. It will be a total different thing all together. Food will be different & so is the environment of celebrating this coming holy month.

Every one who lives in Malaysia, loves it when Ramadhan is near. All because of the food fiesta that is waiting to be attacked. We just love the Ramadhan Bazaar going on for 1 whole month. And the food fiesta starts from 4/5 pm - till the sun sets for 'buka puasa' (open fast). Just talking about it now makes my mouth watery. I can just imagine all the savory food, desserts, drinks, pastries, dishes and etc displaying on the whole stretch of the side road and calling out "Buy me..! Eat me...!". And I am not kidding you. Come travel to Malaysia on Ramadhan month and you will enjoy the pleasure of eating. *dreaming away...*

Anyways, like I said, I am in a different zone all together. But that doesn't mean I can't bring the Malaysia's Ramadhan mood to HK. I've decided to research and learn to make some of the delicacies, pastries and food here. I've got my recipes jotted down, ingredients bought and prepared. I am no cook or a baker like my husband. But, curiosity kills the cat and I am one of it.

Today I marked my history of making my first roti jala 'lacy like bread pancake'. It was a bit thick, but I got the hang of it on how to make it 'web lacy like'. I managed, struggled and destroyed the first batch, but later on it turned out OK. A bit thick then usual, but am so proud of myself. I even made the curry gravy for the roti jala. *happy mode*



I took some photos therefore enjoy them. In preparing my Ramadhan mood, I will continue learning to cook/bake/steamed and other terms that relates to food. :)



Salam ketibaan Ramadhan.. Ku telah menanti mu sekian lama..

PS: Reminder, you have got 1 more day to repay your fast.. :P

No comments: